Friday, April 04, 2003

So. The third interview...

I don't want to jinx it by talking/hyping it too much. I can say this much:

It went well, I think. The parting words were, "The decision comes down to who has the best chemistry with the team. And for what it's worth, you have my vote."

These words came from a guy that I used to support at WCOM. He's been my biggest advocate, and I suspect that he's doing his level-best to lobby his co-workers. We, as they say, shall see.

I certainly hope this pans out, for the other dozen or so resumes that I have out, and the two headhunters I have working for me, and my weekly Monster agent email; uh, well, they have turned up exactly zero leads for me in the past five weeks.

Ah, economic recession. At least the last time a Bush was in office, and I was looking for a job, I didn't have a ferschliggin' six-fig salary history.

If I could chuck it all and take a job at Great Escape?

Maybe.

Next: Reflections on a benign outpatient medical procedure; a.k.a. "The Preakness Emotional Stakes."

No comments: