Monday, March 21, 2005

Final Wishes

Y'all, no matter what your final wishes are, be sure to communicate them clearly to your loved ones.

I'll go one better here: If heroic measures are required to prolong my life, I do not want them. If by contemporary medical standards, there is a diagnosis of less than six months to live, and if that life means significantly diminished quality or reliance on artificial means to survive, I do not want my life prolonged by such means. If in such time that I am attached to supplemental support and my diagnosis up to that time was grim and I experience a life-threatening attack, seizure, or critical complication, I do not wish to be rescusitated.

If you want to be hooked up to machines, please let me know. (You'll be the first.)

Oh, if you really want to make a difference? Get off the keyboard and get onto your phone. Hospice needs your help.

In and around Tennessee: http://www.healthcarehiring.com/hospice_tennessee.html

Pick one and call. Most take donations and volunteers.

1 comment:

poopie said...

You GO Andy....I've been readin' you in the fray over at SKB. We're on the same team ^j^